Adding tag links
There are a couple of ways of putting a hyperlink on your tumblr page that link to various tags.
The easiest way is via the tumblr ‘page’ redirect. Below is my version of Tumblr’s directions on how to do this.
To create a Page with a redirect to all your blog posts with a given tag:
- Click on your blog’s name at the top of your Dashboard or under the list icon at the top right of your Dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Customize theme’ link on the upper right side of the page.
- Click the ‘PAGES’ area in the left hand column.
- Click the ‘+ Add a page’ link.
- Change the Page Type from ‘Standard Layout’ to ‘Redirect’.
- In the ‘Page URL’ field type in a name to identify the Page. For example, “tagname”
- In the ‘Redirect to’ field type the URL of your blog followed by “/tagged/tagname" where ‘tagname' is the tag you used to identify your artwork. For example, if I added the tag “myart” here then the 'Redirect to' would look like this: “http://artsubmit.tumblr.com/tagged/myart”
- Check the box that says ‘Show a link to this page’
- Give the Page a title, for example: “My Art” The title is the link name that will show on your blog.
- Click Create Page.
Another way to add a hyperlink is to add HTML code directly to the blog theme. You would click on ‘Edit HTML’ and insert a line something like this: “<a href=”http://artsubmit.tumblr.com/tagged/myart”>My Art</a>” To do this however you need to know where to put the line.